The Parker Farmstead was established in 1842 and occupies a large parcel of land located on an inlet
at the head of Somes Sound, south of Somesville Village on Mount Desert Island in Maine. It was built
by John Parker, a master carpenter. The original barn was a small English type and was built in 1847.
In 1917, the barn was rebuilt and enlarged as viewed today. The building is in good condition
but the Parker House next to the barn has been demolished. Dairy products were a primary rural
activity on the farm. The last milk sold was in 1965.
Click on horizontal- 3-dash icon at top of page and scroll down to see all articles.